Math 3

Click here to see my tutoring times!

 

Hello and welcome to Math 3! I look forward to an exciting year full of all sorts of Mathematics, projects, games, fun and a successful class.


For that to happen, I need you to remember these three things: 

You are accountable for your actions

You are responsible for what does and does not happen to you (i.e. being successful, passing Math 3)

You are in control of your success in this classroom.

I want to make sure you understand your success lies in your hands. I promise I will teach you what you need to know, and will help you along the way, but you are the one that will be making decisions in my classroom which will affect your success.

That being said, I really think you all seem like a great group of students who are willing to work hard and learn a lot!

Another thing I would like to take time to talk about is how your grade is calculated. Your grade will consist of your demonstrated understanding of the mathematical standards through tests, notebook checks, and homework assignments. In a standard class, 80% of your grade will come from tests and 20% will come from the other assignments. In an honors class, to push the rigor, we've decided to count test grades for 90% and the other for 10%.  

The State Board policy states that your NC Final Exam counts for 25% of your Final Grade, which will be averaged with your grade in the class. 

37.5% of your final grade comes from the first 9 weeks, 37.5% comes from the second 9 weeks, and 25% comes from the Math 3 NC Final Exam.